Paleo Pumpkin Soup
- tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 large shallot, sliced thinly (alternative one small brown onion sliced)
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
In a well heated skillet, add avocado oil. Saute shallot and garlic until fragrant 2-3 minutes. Season with a small pinch of salt. Set aside
Ina high speed blender, add sauteed shallots and garlic and all ingredients except salt and pepper. Blend about 1 minute or until creamy smooth.
Pour the soup into a medium soup pot. Warm up the soup over medium heat. Stir often. Add full fat coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, warm, or slightly chilled.