- ¾ cup raw almonds
- 1 tbs cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 12 pitted dates dried or medjool
- 2-3 tbs agave syrup honey or rice malt syrup could also be used
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs or you could use dark chocolate chips
- Place the dates, agave syrup, vanilla extract and cacao powder into a food processor or Thermomix and blend until the mixture resembles a paste.
- Add in the almonds and press pulse/turbo several times, until your desired texture is achieved.
- Add in the cacao nibs and mix through with a spoon.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and pop into an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Medjool dates work best in this recipe as they stick together well.
You can however, use dried pitted dates instead - but just soak them in a little water for a few minutes, drain and use.